ginger lemon drop

ou guys know how obsessed with ginger I am, right?  I can't get enough of ginger infused treats and cocktails.  I recently got to go on a tour of Heritage Distilling in Gig Harbor and participate in their My Batch experience where you get to distill your own craft spirits and at the end of the day, in addition to the spirits I created, I also couldn't resist picking up a bottle of their ginger vodka!  They have so many amazing flavored vodka flavors, and while I'm not usually a vodka fan, after trying their ginger vodka I knew I'd have fun making cocktails with it!  I almost picked up the blood orange vodka too, but I didn't and I kind of regret it.  Blood orange summer cocktails are calling my name!  Blood orange AND ginger?  OMG.  Okay, anyway.  After getting the ginger vodka I was brainstorming how to use it first.  I had a few leftover lemons, so a lemon drop fit the bill!  The lemon drop is a simple, sweet cocktail that is a definite crowd pleaser.  The bright, citrus flavor makes it a perfect cocktail for those hot summer days.  Now, if only those hot summer days would get here...


 
Ingredients (makes one cocktail):
2 oz Ginger Vodka
.5 oz Triple sec
1 oz Simple syrup
1 oz Fresh lemon juice

Garnish:
Brown sugar mixed with a bit of ground ginger (for rim)
1 Lemon twist
1 Piece Candied Ginger


1 / Coat the rim of a cocktail glass with brown sugar mixed with a bit of ground ginger and set aside.

2 / Add ginger vodka, triple sec, simple syrup, and lemon juice to a shaker and fill with ice.

3 / Shake until frosty, and strain into the prepared glass.

4 / Garnish with a lemon twist and candied ginger. Enjoy!


Pin It!